Friday 5 October 2012

Using Stuff.

Sometimes a blank page of paper can be scary, not because you don’t know what to write, but because you’re afraid of “wasting” the paper.  Perhaps you’ll write something that you then never use, or it won’t come out right, and then that bit of paper is useless.  Write on it anyway.

Here is why:

Once, when I was little, I got some stick on earrings for Christmas.  (Stickers that come in pairs that you can stick on your ears.)  They were great.  Lots of different shapes and they were holographic.  How cool was that?
My favourite shape was the lightning ones.  They were certainly the coolest, and to be saved for the most special of occasions.
Sometimes I would get them out and consider sticking them to my ears, so everyone could be all “Wow, that’s the coolest of ear stickers!”
I never did use them.  Eventually I got to that age where I realised that perhaps holographic lightning stickers weren’t as cool as they may have been in the late 80s.
I probably still have them somewhere.  Perhaps they’ll be back in fashion soon, and if they are, this time, I won’t hesitate to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment