Friday 12 October 2012

Pumpkins



I could tell you how my fantasy novel is well under way.  Or I could tell you how The Eye ofthe Beholder has had more lovely positive feedback.  Instead, I am going to tell you about pumpkins.

Pumpkins are not easily available in the UK, with the exception of one month.  October. 
Every October the supermarkets suddenly have huge boxes of this wondrous squash, plump and smooth and orange and piled high, ready for the taking.
And what do people do with this, the tastiest of treats?  They carve it into a lantern, and then throw it away. 

So here is my save the pumpkin campaign!

Don’t waste this glorious food!

The flesh can be made into soup, pie, bread, even custard!  The seeds make a handy and light snack.  It can be used in sweet or savoury dishes.

When you get your pumpkin this year, make sure you save the seeds and flesh, and try out a delicious recipe.

Please spread the word, and rescue a pumpkin that is destined to be thrown away!


Save me!


No comments:

Post a Comment