Thursday 12 December 2013

2013 in reflection



Wow it’s been a busy year.  I can’t believe how fast it seemed to go
So many projects!

Way back in March I helped out with a short movie by Ninchilla Films called “The Local”.  It has recently gone up on You Tube, so you can see it online here!

I organised a group to take action to save historic farm and woodland in my home town, which has expanded and is in talks with the council.  The hope is that this time the local community will be involved with the planning and be able to provide feedback for where new housing would be better suited and how it should be brought about.

In the summer I did a bit of travelling, and got to see some amazing historic sites in Greece and Turkey, as well as spending a bit of time in London, Cork and the Midlands.
The Library in Ephesus.


Late summer brought more filming, with the web series “Need to Know.”  (Check it out if you’d like a laugh!)

In autumn I set up an Etsy shop and blog for my jewellery making hobby.  (Includes tutorials, if you would like a go at making things yourself!)

And of course I’ve been working on THE project, my fantasy novel.

How’s it going?  Good.  There have been set backs, including the crisis of the deleting the second half of the book and needing to rewrite it. (On purpose, I decided I wanted it to go in a different direction, but it’s still disheartening to see so many pages vanish!)

It’s at the point now where I think come the spring you’ll start to see actual things about it, rather than reassurances that it’s still in the works.

In the meantime, I entered a short story competition for which I had to write a story within 48 hours based on a genre, location and object that were randomly assigned.  It was good fun, and although I didn’t get past the second round, I did get some points so that’s a plus!  And they give you feedback, so it’s a good learning experience for where I can improve.
I’ll post the stories up over the next couple of weeks for you to read, and you can see for yourselves what you think.

In the new year there will be more updates, stories and hopefully a bit of art coming your way!

So have a good Christmas, and watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment