Friday 1 March 2013

Spring is in the air.

The first of March.  Today is the day people in the northern hemisphere celebrate the first day of spring.
It’s a balmy 6˚C outside, and as grey as it was in yesterday’s wintery February, but there is that promise of something new arriving.  To me it has always felt more like the start of a new year now than back in January.

It’s only four weeks to Easter, one of my favourite times of the year; not only because of the chocolate eggs, or the prospect of playing my Easter game, but I always liked the celebration of everything bursting into life and the coming of (hopefully) better weather.

But before all that we have Mother’s Day!  It’s on the 10th of March, so you have ten days to remember to get your Mum a bunch of flowers and a card. J  Mums do so much for us, and no matter how old we get they never stop worrying about us, so although I’m sure everyone knows that they are appreciated all year round it’s a good day to say it out loud, or to jump out of a plane.

No, I didn’t mistype that last part.  In support of NCT a charity that supports parents, my brave friend Lyndsey is doing a skydive.  She still has a way to go to meet her target, so any support you could give would be welcome!

Check out her page here:

No comments:

Post a Comment